Sunday, July 24, 2011

Fractional, Decimal, and Percent Notation

I think fractional, decimal, and percent notation is the most important thing I've learned/reviewed in my math class.  It's something that I use almost on a daily basis.  Although it's simple, it is easy to forget how to make the conversions. 


Because it can be confusing trying to remember how to get from fractional notation to percent notation, how to get from decimal notation to fractional notation, etc., I will share with you a few of my tricks:


Fraction---> Decimal: type into calculator
Decimal---> Percent: move decimal right two places
Percent---> Decimal: move decimal left two places
Decimal---> Fraction: put number over 100 and reduce




Here's a cool link to help convert fractions to decimals: click here.

Here's another fun link to help make the conversions: click here

No comments:

Post a Comment